I’m here with this month’s favourites! I’ve picked up a few items during the month that I’ve really enjoyed using. I’ve recently gotten into the habit of online shopping (save me from my incessant spending…!) Although I found it really useful because I’m able to compare prices and order from the comfort of my own bedroom. I actually tend to forget when things are meant to arrive so it sort of comes as a surprise for me hahha. Also in the news, I attended Bloggers United AU Brisbane event yesterday which seriously motivated and inspired me to take my blogging up to the next level- it’ll be a gradual change but will ultimately come down to my time management skills…
Discovered these gems at a $5 storewide book store in the city.
- I picked up the last copy of ‘365 Days with the Saints: A Year of Wisdom with the Saints‘ so that I could be more familiar with the Saints of my faith. The book has brief bios and quotes for each one every day of the year. Only wish there were more pictures :p
- Jane Austen and Coco Chanel bios by Zena Alkayat and Nina Cosford- instantly fell in love with the artistic style of Nina’s paintings. These are very much like the picture book for adults (kids could probably read this too haha). I enjoy how the books feel and how petite and digestible they are. Still need to get through the Coco Chanel one 🙂
First up are HAIR PRODUCTS. I was never super interested in taking super duper care of my tresses because hair is hair. I just never thought products would make that big a difference on me.
1. I purchased the NuMe Classic Wand 32mm wand after realising my VS Curl Secret did a bludge job on styling my sister’s hair (you can see and smell your hair frying inside the barrel). Love the NuMe so far, just need to be super careful with a hot wand.
2. I picked up the Schwarzkopf Heat Protection Spray to use with the NuMe and quite like it because of the way it sprays evenly (not all in one area) and has a pleasant scent.
3. Macadamia Luxurious Oil Spray – ahhh… THIS STUFF IS SO NICE! I bought it from Priceline’s 40% Hair sale to come home realising I had paid $5 more than I thought it was. (turns out it was misplaced amongst the labels) . I find that when I spray and distribute the product from my mid-lengths to my ends, it instantly de-frizzes, smoothens and just makes my hair look sooo much better..!
4. Daiso Facial Massaging Plate- I use this with rosehip oil to help ‘flush away’ toxins and promote blood circulation. If used consistently, massaging can help tone areas of the face and body to appear slimmer. I use it some days – probably not enough for it to have that effect but I enjoy how warm my cheeks feel after using this~
5. Sanctuary Peptide Repair Eye Cream- It’s time I came to the realisation that eye cream won’t salvage my dark circles but I do what I can to help. This eye cream comes in a sturdy, little glass pot with a teeny tiny spatula. The product is a thick consistency but melts really well on the skin- hard to tell if it makes a massive difference buuuuut I like it nonetheless. My sister comes in my room to use it everyday as well!
6. Too Cool for School Milky Red Tint- The lip product I’ve been sporting as of late. Full review here: Too Cool for School Milky Red Tint
7. Sally Hansen Diamond Shine Base & Top Coat- Despite having been a big nail polish lover, I’ve put a pause on nail art recently because I’m not allowed to wear it at work. Picked this up at Chemist Warehouse and really liking how it’s multi purpose (y)
What were your May Favourites? Feel free to leave your links below so I can have a peak 😀