It’s taken me a while to develop a solid everyday makeup routine that really covers all the basic needs for me to face the day. It’s always trial and error with new products mixing in and out but I think I’ve finally found a reliable combination of products to always turn to if I’m in a rush. These are the products I mainly use and actually finish 😀
-BASES AND FACES-
1. After a morning face wash with Lush’s Herbalism, I always pat some Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF 50+ first because it absorbs quickly and the light citrus scent is really refreshing.
2. I dot my face with one or two pumps of the Etude House Face Blur Primer which is my favourite primer so far because it instantly brightens up my complexion and I can really notice the dullness of my skin.
3. In comes the holy grail foundation. I’ve had this Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in #52 Vanilla for over a year now. Definitely the most used and just ticks all the boxes. Perfect shade match, moisturising, pleasant smelling and long lasting. It does give a dewy effect and when I tried to blot those areas, the foundation rubbed off.
4. I alleviate the look of my dark circles with this Mac Select Cover Up Concealer in NC30. This is my first MAC product and I was putting a lot of faith in this tiny tube because it was the first time I stepped out to pay more than I usually do on a beauty product…..did. not. disappoint! This has taken over the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer which was my previous go to concealer. The Mac concealer is awesome and a teeeeny bit goes a long way.
5. I go in to shape up my brows (quite roughly to be honest) with an eyebrow pencil I bought from Daiso. I haven’t invested a lot in brow products but seriously was surprised with the pigmentation and practicality of this one. Daiso brow post coming soon~
6. For an all-over lid shade, I tend to go with an eyeshadow that’s pretty much unoticable , if not for the sparkles and shimmer (going for that clean, nothing but something look). I’ve consistently been using the left shade of the Dodo Eyeshadow Duo.
7. I then open up the Kate Brown Shade Eyes Eyeshadow Palette in BR-2 to highlight my inner corners with the white and subtly outline my lashline with the second shade.
8. Last for the eyes is lining with the Face of Australia Budge Proof Eyeliner (Brown). This is a staple, I’ve had this eyeliner for ages and haven’t used anything else.
9. I almost always finish with some translucent powder, Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Pact being my current pick, I love the Nude by Nature Kabuki brush because it’s so big and fluffyyyyy
10. I finish off with a light dust of Becca Highlighter in Champagne on each of my cheekbones for a gentle glow.
And that’s it! I’m not sure whether to consider that to be an elaborate or simple routine. There are 10 steps….. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post and I’d love to read any comments on the products, or even your own routine!