A’Pieu is a newly emerging korean brand well known for their affordable price range targeted at young teens. Cushion foundations and BB cushions under $20 are hard to find. This was part of my ibuybeauty haul and I purchased it in shade.21 for $7.90 USD
Claims and features:
- Dewy and Sleek
- Lightweight Texture
- Suitable for sensitive skin with aloe vera and tea tree extract
- Seamlessly blendable
- Coverage with a thin layer
Initial impressions on application:
- Easy and fast application – yay for cushions!
- Somewhat cakey and I don’t think I put on a ‘thick’ layer either
- Liquidy/watery and OILY (not sure why!!!) When I accidentally brushed a finger on my face, a fair bit of the product rubbed off
- Made me look hella pale
Left side barefaced, applied foundation on the right
- Smooth application
- Fairly good lasting power
- Contains SPF50 and PA +++
- Moisturising (more suitable for dry skin)
- Cute packaging
- Covers redness
- Nice scent
- Liquid texture makes it easier to mess up the packaging
- Not mattifying
A pro and a con is that it only requires gentle pressure for the product to transfer from the cushion to the puff and that’s why I think I applied a bit too much at first. It’s buildable but you’d look paler and paler for every layer you put on. Right after applying, I had to blot my face to take away the excess oil and paleness which turned out quite alright and I didn’t think additional powder was necessary. I’m pretty happy that it upholds its claims and whilst I needed to make it work for me, the lower price makes it forgivable.
Have you tried any A’Pieu products?