Now you may find the following things quite obvious and cliche but I’m glad that I’ve come to realise these particular things through experience and reading up on other people’s advice (mostly through thoughtcatalog hehe). I think everyone can agree with me that a single year is a pretty short, yet a long time when so much can change in 365 days. Here are 14 things I learnt in 2014
1. There’s a time and place for everything. Especially friendships.
2. Things will always change, and most of the time it’s for the better so learning to let go is all part of the process
3. What someone else might be doing with their lives might not seem ideal to you, but if they’re happy doing what they do then that’s all that matters
4. Learn to love and love to learn
5. Not to be so naive, I’m still quite naive…
7. Being open minded is truly the way to go. This is one of the major things I want to work on ^u^
8. Taking time to appreciate what’s currently happening around you and LIVING IN THE MOMENT. Doesn’t always have to be something, could be nothing. After all, we live in a busy world.
9. Knowing what’s good for you, and what’s not – a very basic concept but can be extremely difficult in real life….
10. ‘Fake it til you make it’ building my confidence and minimizing insecurity
11. Learning to embrace other people’s work, culture, lifestyle and becoming more involved with the community
12. Achieving balance and organisation is key to keeping your life in check.
13. Opportunities , opportunities! Take up those opportunities!
14. The importance of self reflection probably one of the biggest things I got out of IB . Thanks IB :p
What did you learn in 2014?